Sunday, June 29, 2014

It's been awhile!

So now that I'm done with school and won't be doing homework all summer I hope I can get more than 1500 miles on this year.

So far we've gone to Eden to the Eden Cafe for breakfast and it was a nice little place to get a good, reasonably priced breakfast. I had the ham & eggs and Ed had corned beef hash & eggs and with one coffee it was $16 before tip.  The weather was cold & dreary and kind of cold and foggy.  We were waiting for the sun to come out but it never did.

I had my bike in for the 10,000 mile maintenance and I had to have the front tire replaced, again, because it was cupping.  I would think that I should be able to get more than 5,000 miles out of  tire so hopefully this time it makes it longer than that.

Ed's brake light was stuck on so HD Appleton got that squared away for us and we proceeded to head east on OO to see where it went.  We ended up in Green Bay and then wiggled our way back home and tried to dodge the raindrops.  We were pretty successful and only had a few sprinkles in Neenah and then followed the rain into Oshkosh so we only got splashed on from the water on the roads.  Before that it was 85 and sunny, quite a bit different than the foggy dreary 65 the weekend before.

We took one little detour and stopped for lunch at GingeRootz.  The food was good and reasonably priced, the atmosphere was casual and the staff was really friendly and attentive but not annoying.  We would definitely eat there again.

The weather has finally started to cooperate so hopefully we can get some more rides in.

No comments:

Post a Comment