Saturday, July 28, 2012

Lots of letters today!

Today was a great ride with Ed.  We did Brown County, De Pere, Doc's Harley Davidson, Zachow, Appleton, and Lawrence.


It started off a little chilly, so I wore the outside layer of my riding system.  Wow, it was way too much jacket, I was pretty toasty.  I'm going to go back to wearing the middle layer or my light jacket next time.


Getting the pictures takes some courage - we have to pull over on the gravel shoulder and hope there isn't too much traffic.  We're getting better at catching the signs before we pass them, but I will say that I am getting to be the queen of u-turns!


We decided to have a late lunch at Stevie B's in Appleton.  For $6.50 plus the price of a drink, you get all the pizza & salad you can eat.  They have "normal" pizzas, dessert pizzas, anything you can think of pizzas as well as some of their own recipes. I have to say, there isn't a type of pizza there that I haven't liked. It is way to easy to overeat, but today I didn't for once :) The s'mores pizza and the cinnamon roll are my favorites, I could just eat them and skip the regular pizza but that is good too!

We have all the letters we need for SWITCHBACK now, and are just missing a few city letters E, J, Q, U, V, X and Y. We need a lot more county letters though.

No comments:

Post a Comment