Tuesday, May 11, 2010

1st ride with friends

Last Sunday we rode to the other side of the lake to meet some friends, then back to our side of the lake for some more casual cruising around.

We ended up in Winneconne and ate across the street from our last stop at The Other Place. I had a bacon cheeseburger and Ed had a the king of clubs sandwich with criss cut fries. My streak of crappy food while biking has finally ended. My burger was great - the only bad thing is that I ordered it medium rare and it came out well done, but so did everyone else's that ordered it that way.

We rode around some more and ended up in Omro to have ice cream. I had Superman ice cream by Cedar Crest. I loved it! Unfortunately, you can't buy it in stores, it only comes in 3 gallon pails for parlors (I checked online) and Ed had some kind of rootbeer ice cream that tasted like a rootbeer float.

It was a great day for a ride. We trolled around on back roads and it was nice to smell some blossoms of things that were in bloom. Here's hoping it's a sign of many great rides to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment