Sunday, May 30, 2010

Nice day, where to go for lunch...

So I think today was probably one of the most perfect days for riding so far. Clear skies, no breeze and 80-ish temperatures.

I did remember to wear (and bring) sunscreen this time, so I am not all sun burned like last weekend. We wiggled our way up to Green Bay for lunch, the route we took made the trip last almost 2 hours including a stop for gas (normally 45 minutes via the interstate), had lunch, wiggled our way back to Appleton to H-D Appleton to get windshield bags and a spare hat, then came back home. All in all it was over 5 hours.

I found out I must have been sitting on my bike funny yesterday though, I ended up with 2nd degree burns on the back of my thigh. Not sure how because we rode longer last weekend and I didn't have them. So now, I have 2 small blisters that make me look like I have the plague or something on the back of my leg. Ed says if it keeps happening I have to get rid of my bike. Maybe I need a different seat, or maybe I was just sitting weird, or maybe something is exposed that shouldn't be on my bike. So, no riding long distances for me this weekend, looks like I will be getting some more gardening & yard work done instead, not a bad thing since it has been getting neglected because we have been riding.

I still like the headsets, I'm getting better at figuring out where to wear it so it doesn't kill my ears, and the GPS got us everywhere we were supposed to be. I forgot to plug my headset in to charge though, so I could only use it the first 2 hours of the ride. I did plug it in as soon as we got home though so it's ready to go for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment