Saturday, July 31, 2010

Wausau ride










Today we rode with our friends up to Wausau to go to the Zillman Meat Market and the Wausau Mine Company. The day started off rainy, so we didn't leave until noon, but it turned out to be a nice day for a ride. Not too hot or sunny, and we stayed dry so it was good.

I felt like a mass murderer today because I think I must have killed over 100 butterflies. There were literally swarms of them on the shoulders of the road, and sometimes we rode though the swarms. It was pretty and creepy all at the same time. I think they were cabbage butterflies, and they were yellow. I have lots of yellow spots on my windshield, pants, helmet and my bike.

There was a really cool road that had lots of little hills so it was like a roller coaster. I would speed up and then let off the throttle to get that weird feeling in my stomach. I probably could have gone back & forth on it several times in a row. The only bad thing that happened today was that I almost ran out of gas, and Ed almost got killed by some jerk driving about 40 MPH (in a 25 zone) that ran a stop sign. Had he been 2 seconds earlier or a mile an hour or so faster I would not be at home writing this right now.

Now to the food: Ed I and both had a Kansas City style pulled pork sandwich topped with coleslaw with a side of home made potato chips and a pickle. I think pickles are gross so I didn't eat mine, so I don't know if it was good or not. The sandwich was really good, I actually scraped the coleslaw off, I wasn't brave enough to eat mine "dressed", and the chips were good too. I still like the chips at The Brooklyn in Oshkosh better though. I guess they are known for their pizza, but neither of us was in the mood for pizza. The portions were worth the price and I would go back there again and maybe try the pizza next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment