Wednesday, April 13, 2011

First cold trip with the new gear - success!

I have to say that the Rider Comfort System from Harley Davidson was well worth the investment. We rode at 50+ MPH this morning for about 13 miles (and that back again) and the only part of me that was cold was my face! I actually have something that I can wear that will keep that warm but I did not want to dig it out of my bag.

I wore all 3 parts of the gear that I bought, plus I wore a Columbia fleece vest between the middle and outer layers for some extra core warmth, plus I had my cold weather gloves on and my chaps.

It was weird being cold this morning (it was about 40) and hearing frogs in the ponds as I rode past. It made me think of summer but it sure didn't feel like it! After today, I am getting pretty excited about riding to FL in a month. I was a little nervous about the cold, but after today, I am feeling a lot better about the "what if it's only 40 out when we leave?" The layers should be great as we go from climate to climate, I can take off on the way down and add on the way back.

I did order a butt pad from Alaska Leather that should be here soon, I will have to give a review on that once I get it. We had a problem with one of the Bluetooth receivers and its charger, but since they have a 2 year warranty, they will replace it as soon as I send it back - which I will do tomorrow. We're hoping to have 2 working sets by the time we go on vacation in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment