Saturday, April 3, 2010

My bike

So, here is my bike. I left it stock, for now, except I added (all detachable) a luggage rack, sissy bar, windshield and saddle bags, and I added an engine guard, just in case I lose my balance. Can't be getting stuck under that great big bike you know. The most frustrating thing was that I was absolutely in love with this bike, but for some reason Harley decided it would be cool to put the license plate off the side off the bike so I also had to buy a license plate relocation kit to move the plate to the back of the bike. Did they really think that no one would want to put bags on this bike?

My first purchase to change out a component of the bike is the levers on the handlebars- I found some satin black with chrome flames to compliment the paint job. I'm not going to attempt putting them on myself though - when it comes time for the 1000 mile fluid swap, I'm going to let them do it for me. I've already decided that the ability to stop and shift are good and I want to be able to keep doing that.

Oh - and I bought it from the best Harley store H-D Appleton!

No comments:

Post a Comment