Sunday, April 11, 2010

Ug - my bike is flawed!

So, decided to go for real ride #2 today. Decided to take the freeway for the first part to save time so it was the first time I got to use the 6th gear on my bike. Everything was going along great, and all of a sudden I had no acceleration. It was like a Toyota, but with the opposite problem. The throttle wouldn't open up at all, it would only go back so I could slow down. So, I had to pull off the highway, and after some nudging, I got it to open back up and off we went. It happened 2 more times in the next 10 miles or so, so we got off the freeway.

I never used the 6th gear after that, and it never happened again, so the only thing I can think is that it has something to do with the 6th gear. Oh well, we still had a really nice ride, we took a bunch of back roads, stopped at the Fin & Feather in Winneconne and had a late lunch and headed home. Tomorrow morning I'll call the dealer and get something set up so they can look at it. On the plus side, I won't have to wait until my 1,000 mile fluid change to get my new levers put on :-)

Rating the food: I had the tuna melt sandwich and the chowder, it was the special of the day. The chowder wasn't very good, and the tuna melt was toasted well, and the cheese was melted, but the tuna was still cold. Ed had the Reuben, and he liked it because they didn't use sliced corned beef, it was more like pieces of corned beef, or pulled corned beef, and his pasta salad was good too. The service was good, I didn't really care for my food, but Ed liked his.

No comments:

Post a Comment